Monday, March 2, 2015

Writing 'Goodbye'

Writing 'Goodbye' from David Nixon on Vimeo.

While waiting for Cy Starkman to finish the script for the film we were making for the LensFlair 24hour film festival, I amused myself by shooting this film.
After the event, I showed him what I had edited. His reaction was priceless - as if I'd held a mirror to his most intimate moment, up for him to see. 
I invited him to narrate it: to share his thoughts on the process of writing poetry. Instead, he used snippets of the voice over we later recorded for the film, to good effect.
This film was shot on an iPhone 5 using FilmicPro, an X-shot monopod and Glif, and an iStabilizer table dolly. It was edited on an iPad in two stages: the pictures were edited in iMovie, then the audio edit and credits were edited in Pinnacle Studio.
The music was created by Josh Woodward and sourced from the freemusicarchive.org

No comments:

Post a Comment